Quick Start Guide
- vMAP overview
- Manage users and rights
- View your data on vMAP
- Analyse your data
- Style your map
- Print and share your map
- vMAP Glossary
- Admin Center Guide
Configure Panel (Object Inspector) for vMAP
What is Object Inspector Panel in vMAP?
The Object Inspector Panel is an area on vMAP Portal where you can check the detailed information and attributes of a selected object (point / line / polygon) on the mapview. The Panel setting in the Admin Center is used to configure the displayed information for the Object Inspector Panel on the vMAP main page. (As shown in the red box below)
Note: If you haven't set Panel in vMAP Admin Center yet, the Object Inspector area will have no information in vMAP Portal.
What is tab (in the Object Inspector Panel) in vMAP?
As you can see in the example below, the tabs with different names in the Object Inspector Panel is used to show object information. Administrators can configure different tabs for displaying different information in the vMAP Admin Center. Users can click on the different tabs to switch between different kinds of information on vMAP Portal.
How do I configure the panel in vMAP Admin Center?
To configure Panel, you can follow the below steps:
- Add a tab
- Add a panel
- Edit the panel
Step 1. Add a tab
The Object Inspector Panel displays fields of the selected layer type. To set the tabs, click on or search for a layer type from the Layer Type list in the Panel page (under Mapview & Layers) from the Admin Center. Click button and name the new tab. Save the new tab by clicking the button. Then a new tab has been created.
Step 2. Add a Panel
1. After selecting a layer type and a tab (in the Layer Type section and Tab section respectively), the Panel section would then be activated. Click on the button to add a new Panel for a given Tab. A tab can include several panels which display different content. On the New Panel window, fill in the required information:
- Panel Type: Two types area provided - Collapse Panel and Text Panel. Collapse means that the information in the Object Inspector Panel can be expanded and collapsed. Text means that the information is entirely text and cannot be expanded or collapsed.
- Head: The header of the Panel information.
- Body: The configuration of body is in HTML format.
- Query: Configure under which conditions that the information has been configured in Body part.
If the Panel Type is set to collapse, then there would be an option to click on the Collapsed radio button to decide whether the information of the Panel is collapsed or expanded by default.
2. Click button, the new panel will be added. Click on the name of the Panel, its detailed information will be displayed below.
Step 3. Edit a panel
1. When a Panel has been added, click the Panel name in the Panel list (as shown in the red box above)
2. Its details will be displayed, where you can edit all the information. Right click on the Body Tab, then select from many different body templates to populate the content. Click the button to save the changes.
Tips: How to add a child Panel
Child Panel is the sub Panel under Panel. It's necessary if you want to categorise the information in Panel, a Panel can have only one child Panel. Please follow the below steps to add a child panel:
1. Select a Panel from the list under the Panel section, then click on button to open the New Child Panel window. Fill in the necessary fields, which are similar to adding a new Panel.
2. Click button to save the changes. Then the child Panel is added in the selected panel.
The Geom Field Name and GC Field columns on the left corner display the related fields of the selected Layer Type, which are read only.
After completing these steps, a panel would be successfully created. The information of the selected layer type can then be displayed on the Object Inspector Panel in vMAP Portal.