Quick Start Guide
- vMAP overview
- Manage users and rights
- View your data on vMAP
- Analyse your data
- Style your map
- Print and share your map
- vMAP Glossary
- Admin Center Guide
Create a new layer type
What is a layer type?
Layer type is the template for a layer, which defines the data fields of the points/lines/polygons on the layer. By setting the layer type, you can quickly create new layers with the same layer type for further operations. For example, when splitting one ploygon on Layer A into two polygons on Layer B, Layer A and Layer B need to have same layer type.
How do I create and set the layer type?
vMAP offers two approaches to create and set the layer type.
- Approach 1: Create and set the layer type during the process of importing data
- Approach 2: Create and set the layer type in vMAP Admin Center
This article will introduce Approach 1. For Approach 2, please refer to Configure layer type in vMAP Admin Center.
Approach 1: Create and set the layer type during the process of importing data
In the process of importing data into vMAP, new users have no predefined layer type and layer in vMAP account, so you have to create a new layer type and new layer.
(To open the Import data window, select from the drop-down menu under .)
1. Upload the data file first.
2. After uploading the data, you need to create a new layer to save the data. And the new layer needs a layer template first, so click the button. On the Create a new layer type window, fill in the required new layer and layer type names.
3. vMAP will automatically match the data fields. To save the changes and proceed, click the button. Then the data are matched with the new layer in Import data window.