Quick Start Guide
- vMAP overview
- Manage users and rights
- View your data on vMAP
- Analyse your data
- Style your map
- Print and share your map
- vMAP Glossary
- Admin Center Guide
Manage layer group for vMAP *
A layer group usually contains several layers with one similar characters, which help users to organise layers. In vMAP Admin Center, you can edit the information of layer group, assign Mandators and Layers to it.
How do I manage layer group in vMAP?
You can manage layer group by following operations:
- Create a new layer group
- Edit layer group
- Delete a layer group
- Layer group allocation
Create a new layer group
Layer group can only be created in Admin Center, while you can select the existing layer group when creating a new layer in vMAP Portal.
1. Click to create a new layer group.
2. On the New Layer Group window, fill in the layer group name, and choose a layer type from the existing layer types. After finishing the input, click button, the new layer group will be created and listed in the left Layer Group list.
- Name and Layer Type fields are required.
- Layer Type: The template of layer defines the data fields of the point/line/polygon on the layer. By setting the layer type, you can quickly identify the layers with same layer type for further operations like grouping layer, polygon merge and split, etc.
Edit layer group
Select a layer group from the Layer Group list, its detailed information will be displayed in the right window. You can edit all the information except Layer Group ID. After finishing edit, click button to save the changes.
Delete a layer group
Select a layer group from the Layer Group list, then click button.
Layer group allocation
1. Click the tab, the allocation panel displays. You can allocate the selected layer group to Mandators, layers to the selected layer group.
2. To assign the layer to one Mandator if you have multiple Mandators in system:
- Select a Mandator from Unassigned Mandator list, and click button to assign the selected layer group to the Mandator.
- Select a Mandator from Assigned Mandator list, and click button to remove the selected layer group from the Mandator.
3. To assign the Layer:
Select a Mandator from Assigned Mandator list, all the layers assigned to the selected Mandator will be displayed in the Unassigned Layers list.
- Select a layer from the list and click button to assign the layer to selected layer group. Then the assigned Mandators have access to the layers under the layer group in front end.
- Select a layer from Assigned Layers list, and click button to remove the selected layer from the layer group.
4. To adjust the layer order in the layer group:
- Select a layer from Assigned Layers list and click , the selected layer will be moved up in the layer group, and the order in vMAP Portal will also change accordingly.
- Select a layer from Assigned Layers list and click , the selected layer will be moved down in the layer group, and the order in vMAP Portal will also change accordingly.