Quick Start Guide
- vMAP overview
- Manage users and rights
- View your data on vMAP
- Analyse your data
- Style your map
- Print and share your map
- vMAP Glossary
- Admin Center Guide
Merge and cut polygon freely
Besides merging and cutting overlapping polygons on map, you can also merge and cut one polygon (area) by drawing a polygon on your own. This allows you to operate on polygons more freely and.
Steps to merge and cut a polygon freely
To open the polygon menu, click the icon on the toolbar. To cut a polygon, follow these steps:
Step 1. To open the Polygon free cut window, from the polygon menu select the item from the polygon menu.
Step 2. To load polygon for being merged and cut, select the polygon from the mapview by clicking on it. The polygon will be the original Main polygon. You can add new name for the polygon.
Step 3. Choose one of the Freeform mode.
1. Click the button, you can draw a polygon on the mapview, which needs to overlap with the original Main polygon. Then the two polygons will be combined and merged as one.
2. Click the button, you can draw a polygon on the mapview, which needs to overlap with the original Main polygon. Then the overlapping area of the original Main polygon will be cut out.
3. Click the button, you can reset the Polygon free cut window and deselect the polygons.
Step 4. To save the operations in the above steps, click the button.
Tips: The following instructions are some optional operations, you do not need to execute these operations in normal cases. You can reference these instructions when you need.
1. With the Free cut checkbox checked, the overlapping area of the new polygon (that you drew) and other existing polygons (except the Main polygon) will be cut out.
2. You can edit the field values for the new polygon by clicking the Additional Information checkbox. Enable the Value fields by checking the checkbox, then entering the value in the input box. (See the red box in the screenshot below.)