Quick Start Guide
- vMAP overview
- Manage users and rights
- View your data on vMAP
- Analyse your data
- Style your map
- Print and share your map
- vMAP Glossary
- Admin Center Guide
What is Teamview in vMAP?
Teamview is used to share the moderator's mapview to invitees in real-time. A moderator is the one who is sharing his/her mapview. vMAP can define in a database what operations (e.g. view, edit, etc.) each invitee can perform during the online teamview session.
For example, if you want to share your vMAP mapview to show your monthly sales performance of different areas in a sales meeting, invitee A needs to view and edit the data on mapview to explain and compare to last month's performance, while invitee B only needs to attend and view. vMAP Teamview feature can handle this for you.
How do I operate Teamview?
If you want to invite team members to view your map in real time, please follow the below steps:
- Get the online user list
- Send Teamview invitation to online users
- Send Teamview invitation to offline users
- Start to share mapview in real time
Step 1. Get the online user list
1. The Moderator needs to load a mapview before using the Teamview feature.
2. Select from the drop-down menu on the top navigation bar to open the Teamview window.
3. To get the current online user list, click the button on the Participant Mapview window, all the online users will be displayed in the Active user list. The first column is user ID and the second column is user Name.
Tips: To refresh the online user list, click the button towards the top right of the Active user List..
Step 2. Send Teamview invitation to online users
1. Click on a user's name from the Active user list and it will be displayed in the Name field. It can be changed as needed.
2. Set the invitee's rights and authorisation for when he/she uses Teamview. It is useful that each invitee has different rights for different purposes while using Teamview, for example viewing only or editing.
Note: The specific rights need to be configured in vMAP database, so you can customise these rights level. Please contact vMAP support for more configuration details if needed.
3. To add the online user to the Teamview User list, click to select a user from the Active user list and click button. The selected user will be moved to the Teamview User list on the left.
4. To send the Teamview invitation to an online user, check the checkbox before the user. Type your invitation message in the Message to Participants text area, then click button to send the invitation. The invited users will receive the invitation in vMAP Portal. After accepting the invitation, the invitees will have access to a new window with the moderator's mapview.
Step 3. Send Teamview invitation to offline users
Step 4. Start to share mapview in real time